Monday, October 11, 2010

Painting Autumn Trees

It is such a pain to paint--it's the constant vigilance when Piper is near paint as well as the clean up. But the process (and hardly the product) is so important for creativity, mixing colors, using fingers and sponges for painting, etc. that it is worth doing occasionally.

I was going more with a fall theme than true learning objectives here, but when Piper wanted to keep painting and there was still a lot of yellow, red and orange paint out, I drew a few pumpkins for her to paint. When they dry, I will cut them out. We will practice making them into jack-o-lanterns with our tangram shapes in the next few days.

This time I chose to make a finished product ahead of time so they could see what I thought it could look like. I did have to keep reminding myself "process, not product".

Mine: Kyla’s:
10-12Homeschool 016 10-12Homeschool 017

Piper's:

10-12Homeschool 018


Piper's pumpkins:

10-12Homeschool 01910-12Homeschool 020

10-12Homeschool 021

No comments:

Post a Comment